This foundation course is designed to teach participants the essentials of usability and how to effectively evaluate usability, user experience and accessibility. You will learn how to plan and prepare for usability testing and select the most appropriate testing location and participants. After understanding the application of usability reviews, testing and surveys you will be able to propose the most effective usability testing approach. This course is ideal for testers experienced with the development of web-based, PC, and client-server applications, entry-level testers with an interest in usability testing, and experienced developers with a lot to a little knowledge of testing who work in UI development. Testers, test analysts, test engineers, test consultants, test managers, user acceptance testers, and software developers working on usability issues will find this course useful, informative, and fun. We suggest that attendees hold the ISTQB Foundation Level certificate, especially if they intend to take the ISTQB Usability Tester exam, but non-certificate holders can benefit from the course.
- You must have obtained an ISTQB Foundation Level Certification (CTFL) to be eligible for the Usability Testing Certification.
- Prior to attending class please download and review the following document: Usability Testing Syllabus
3 Days/Lecture & Lab
The target audience for this course includes:
- Usability engineers
- Basic Concepts
- Risks in Usability, User Experience and Accessibility
- Usability and Accessibility Standards
- Usability Reviews
- Usability Testing
- User Surveys
- Selecting Appropriate Methods
- Summary of Roles and Responsibilities