This course provides an understanding of the tasks and processes involved in deploying SAP HANA with System Replication in a Scale Up configuration on SLES for SAP Applications with HA. It is based on SUSE Best Practices. The course starts by providing an overview of SAP HANA and using System Replication to provide high availability for SAP HANA. It then covers the storage and configuration required to successfully deploy SAP HANA SR on SLE HA. Next the required cluster resources are configured and tested. The course finishes by discussing administration procedures specific to the configuration then the SLE cluster nodes are tuned specifically to host SAP HANA.
Attendees should have knowledge of SLES equivalent to the SCA in Enterprise Linux level. A detailed understanding of the SUSE Linux Enterprise High Availability Extension or general High Availability concepts is required. Knowledge of SAP HANA including System Replication would be beneficial.
2 Days/Lecture & Lab
SLES administrators tasked with administering SLE HA clusters hosting SAP HANA SR in a Scale Up configuration.
- Course Overview
- Introduction to SAP HANA
- Native SAP HANA High Availability Solutions
- Preparing to Deploy SAP HANA SR
- Installing SAP HANA Scale Up
- Configure SAP HANA System Replication
- Deploy and Configure SLES for SAP ::Applications to Host SAP HANA SR Scale Up with High
- Design and Perform Cluster Tests
- Monitoring and Administering the HA Solution
- Tuning SLES for SAP Applications to Host SAP HANA Scale Up with HA