As described in Scrum Guide, the Certified Scrum Product Owner is responsible for maximizing the value of the product resulting from work of the Development Team. The Certified Scrum Product Owner is the sole person responsible for managing the Product Backlog. Product Backlog management includes:
- Clearly expressing Product Backlog items
- Ordering the items in the Product Backlog to best achieve goals and missions;
- Optimizing the value of the work the Development Team performs;
- Ensuring that the Product Backlog is visible, transparent, and clear to all, and shows what the Scrum Team will work on next; and,
- Ensuring the Development Team understands items in the Product Backlog to the level needed.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
2 Days/Lecture & Lab
- Product Managers
- Project Managers
- Business Analysts
- Functional Managers
- Business Managers
- Sales People
- Manage your backlog to achieve maximum ROI
- Create a Product Backlog that puts business priorities first.
- Work with a team to enable business and technical innovation.
- Leverage the business benefits of Scrum to maximize Return-On-Investment.
- Describe Scrum to others including the roles, meetings, artifacts & principles, and benefits and pitfalls.
- Apply tools and techniques to the role of Product Owner for a single Scrum team.
- Fulfill the requirements of the Certified Scrum Product Owner program.