The ITIL best practice provides proven guidance to support organizations on their digital transformation journey. ITIL 4 is the next iteration that incorporates all the best from previous versions and expands on this body of knowledge, by providing a practical and flexible approach to support organizations with a focus on delivering customer outcomes and value through IT-enabled services. ITIL 4 provides an end-to-end operating model for the delivery and operation of tech-enabled products and services. It enables IT teams to continue to play a crucial role in wider business strategy and also integrates concepts from other industry best practices such as Lean, Agile and DevOps. The advanced-level ITIL 4 Managing Professional courses been developed for IT practitioners working within technology and digital teams across organizations. To obtain the ITIL 4 Managing Professional designation, the candidate needs to complete all courses in the ITIL 4 Managing Professional stream:
- ITIL 4 Specialist: Create, Deliver and Support
- ITIL 4 Specialist: Drive Stakeholder Value
- ITIL 4 Specialist: High Velocity IT
- ITIL 4 Strategist: Direct Plan and Improve
- All inputs, outputs and steps of the SVC
- The candidate must have passed the ITIL 4 Foundation examination
- Attendance in an accredited training course for this module and successful completion of the certificate exam
- Exam details:
- The ITIL 4 Specialist: High Velocity IT publication, (though not mandatory), is highly recommended reading in support of this advanced training ISBN: 9780113316410
3 Days/Lecture & Lab
- Individuals continuing their journey in service management.
- ITSM managers and aspiring ITSM managers
- IT managers and practitioners involved in digital services or working in digital transformation projects, working within or towards high velocity environments.
- Existing ITIL qualification holders wishing to develop their knowledge.
- Understanding concepts regarding the high-velocity nature of the digital enterprise
- Understanding when the transformation to high-velocity IT is desirable and feasible.
- Understanding the five HVIT objectives associated with digital products to achieve:
- Understanding the digital product lifecycle in terms of the ITIL ‘operating model’
- Knowing how to contribute to achieving value with digital products.