This course provides the skills to operate an IMS environment. Students will have the opportunity to enhance their knowledge of IMS concepts and functions.
This course requires that students have a familiarity with the basic concepts of operations in IMS.
2 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is designed for operations personnel.
- Control Region, Message Regions and Queues
- Batch Message Processing Programs (BMPs) and Message Processing Programs (MPPs)
- Logical Terminals (LTERMs) and Physical Terminals (PTERMs)
- IMS Fast Path
- Hierarchical Databases and DL/I
- Checkpoint and Recovery
- MSC Link
- Intro to the Parallel Sysplex Environment