For the first time in history there are now four active generations in workplaces across Canada. Veterans, Baby Boomers, Generation X and Millennias all now occupy a variety of roles within teams and work units. Never before has there been a greater variety of opinions, talents and expertise to draw on in the workplace. But in many cases the four generations arent always sure how to interact most effectively. This workshop is for anyone who has ever worked with someone from a different generation and felt the effects of disconnected communication, frustration and lack of understanding. Youll come away with new understanding and insight to take advantage of the unique attributes of the other generations in your workplace and develop more productive working relationships.
There are no prerequisites required for this course.
1 Day/Lecture & Lab
Managers, team leads, and team members anyone who wants to develop a greater understanding and a more effective working relationship with someone from a differing generation.
- Defining the key traits and motivators of each of the four generations
- Understanding the socio-cultural elements that shaped each of the generations
- Developing knowledge about how each of the generations like to work best
- Understanding the unique skill set that each generation brings to a team
- Developing personal skills to improve communication and working relationships with each of the four generations
- Create ways for each of the four generations core values to be respected and used effectively in a team setting
- How to best communicate when understanding doesnt come naturally or easily