Almost every organization has people whose personality, behavior, attitude, work habits or other characteristics present an occasional or frequent challenge for those around them. Dealing effectively with difficult people is therefore an essential workplace skill. This workshop will provide you with practical tools and skills to handle difficult people, help you to distinguish between various types of difficult behavior, and help you to choose responses that have a high probability of succeeding rather than escalating a difficult situation into unproductive conflict.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
1 Day/Lecture & Lab
This course is designed for executives, managers, supervisors, team leaders, project managers and anyone else impacted by the effects of negativity in the work place due to a "difficult person".
- Introduction to the Course
- Identifying “Difficult People”
- Separate the Person from the Problem
- Managing Our Response to a Difficult Person
- Communication & Difficult People
- Conflict Resolution – seeking a win/win resolution
- When Nothing Else Works
- Practical Application
- Conclusion & Action Planning