While IT Professionals today are expected to understand some basic cloud terminology and concepts, and have likely worked with public cloud or Software-as-a-Service solutions, the ability to analyze, evaluate, design, and test cloud computing solutions are hard skills to find, and are in high demand. In this course, you will apply the skills required to evaluate and implement standard deployments. You will implement, maintain, and deliver cloud technologies including network, storage, and virtualization technologies to create cloud solutions. You will manage workload migrations, manage cloud vendors to control costs, use automation, and orchestration to bring business value from cloud solutions, and ensure security of cloud implementations through the use of cybersecurity best practices. In addition, this course prepares you to pass the CompTIA Cloud+ exam and earn the corresponding certification.
To ensure your success in this course, you should have 24-36 months’ experience with IT networking, network storage, and data center administration. You should also have familiarity with any major hypervisor technologies for server virtualization, basic knowledge of common cloud service models, and common cloud deployment models. You can obtain this level of skills and knowledge by taking the NCTA Cloud Technologies course (PT15178).
5 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is designed for IT professionals who wish to develop cloud computing skills to enable them to move IT workloads to the cloud and integrate products and services from different providers and industries. Their focus is to ensure that cloud deployments are secure, that automation and orchestration are used effectively to bring business value from the cloud, and that costs are controlled through effective management of cloud vendors. This course is also designed for students who are preparing to take the CompTIA Cloud+ certification exam CV0-002, or who plan to use Cloud+ as the foundation for more advanced cloud certifications or career roles.
- Preparing to Deploy Cloud Solutions
- Deploying a Pilot Project
- Testing Pilot Project Deployments
- Designing a Secure and Compliant Cloud Infrastructure
- Designing and Implementing a Secure Cloud Environment
- Planning Identity and Access Management for Cloud Deployments
- Determining CPU and Memory Sizing for Cloud Deployments
- Determining Storage Requirements for Cloud Deployments
- Analyzing Workload Characteristics to Ensure Successful Migration
- Maintaining Cloud Systems
- Implementing Backup, Restore, Disaster Recovery, and Business Continuity Measures
- Analyzing Cloud Systems for Performance
- Analyzing Cloud Systems for Anomalies and Growth Forecasting
- Troubleshooting Deployment, Capacity, Automation, and Orchestration Issues
- Troubleshooting Connectivity Issues
- Troubleshooting Security Issues