The Certified Wireless Technician (CWT) is an individual who can install APs based on a design document configure the AP for initial operations and ensure connectivity. The individual can troubleshoot basic problems and assist users in-person or through remote communications in problem resolution. The ability to configure a WLAN client for connectivity is paramount with an understanding of the configuration process for SSIDs, security settings and other client adapter settings. This individual is not responsible for WLAN design, analysis or security design; however, the CWT should be able to gather information from a design specification document to properly configure an AP and troubleshoot individual connection issues. The CWT may not be aware of the actual WLAN architectural design, the RF design or the full feature set in use to implement the WLAN.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
1 Day/Lecture & Lab
IT Support and those installing APs
- Radio Frequency (RF) Fundamentals
- Antennas and Accessories
- 802.11 Channels and Operations
- WLAN Clients: Features and Capabilities
- WLAN Clients: Configuration and Management
- WLAN APs: Hardware and Mounting
- WLAN APs: Configuration and Management
- WLAN Security
- Troubleshooting Connection Issues