Loading Course Schedule...
This Certified Software Asset Manager (CSAM) on-demand training course is accredited by APMG and IAITAM and and available through GoGoTraining. Completing this course fully qualifies you to sit for the CSAM examination given by IAITAM. The IAITAM Certified Software Asset Manager (“CSAM”) Course provides a foundation for managing software assets, as well as knowledge of the ever-changing variables that occur within the field. In this course, students will learn best practices in Software Asset Management, as well as the when and why to question why something should or should not be done, how to clearly identify goals, and how to quantify success. This course is designed to guide individuals within the profession to gain awareness of existing software regulations, the importance of adhering to the regulations and how those regulations have effect on every aspect of current and future business endeavors. Additionally, the attendee will learn the importance and the steps necessary to achieve a proactive stance when dealing with software compliance. With instruction focused on Communication and Education, Policy, Procedures, Project Management, Software Assets and Compliance Management, the course brings to light the importance of a well planned and executed Software Asset Management Program.
This course is designed for those individuals with minimal to no experience in the field of Software Asset Management.
IT Asset Managers and other IT professionals involved in asset management, resource budgeting, finance, software licensing, contract management and strategic planning.
- Certified Software Asset Manager (CSAM)- Course Introduction
- IT Asset Management (ITAM) Profession Introduction
- Communication Styles Assessment & KPAs Assessment Discussion
- Advocating for your IT Asset Management Program
- Compliance Management
- Creating a Compliance Management Approach
- Proactive versus Reactive Software Asset Management (SAM)
- Software License Management
- The Software Acquisition Best Practices
- The Software Acquisition Process
- Exercise Review: How Does Software Get Into Your Organization?
- Why You Should Negotiate Your Software Purchases
- Lawyers, Agreements and Terms
- Artifacts of IT Assets (AKA Documentation)
- Exercise Discussion: Where is Your Documentation?
- Vendor Management
- Managing Vendors and Hardware Role in SAM
- Introduction to Project Management