This course provides students with the skills and knowledge required to successfully create and maintain the cloud and edge portions of an Azure IoT solution. The course includes full coverage of the core Azure IoT services such as IoT Hub, Device Provisioning Services, Azure Stream Analytics, Time Series Insights, and more. In addition to the focus on Azure PaaS services, the course includes sections on IoT Edge, device management, monitoring and troubleshooting, security concerns, and Azure IoT Central.
- Software Development Experience: Software development experience is a prerequisite for this course, but no specific software language is required, and the experience does not need to be at a professional level.
- Data Processing Experience: General understanding of data storage and data processing is a recommended but not required.
- Cloud Solution Awareness: Students should have a basic understanding of PaaS, SaaS, and IaaS implementations. Microsoft Azure Fundamentals (AZ-900), or equivalent skills, is recommended.
4 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is designed for developers.
- Introduction to IoT and Azure IoT Services
- Devices and Device Communication
- Device Provisioning at Scale
- Message Processing and Analytics
- Insights and Business Integration
- Azure IoT Edge Deployment Process
- Azure IoT Edge Modules and Containers
- Device Management
- Solution Testing, Diagnostics, and Logging
- Azure Security Center and IoT Security Considerations
- Build an IoT Solution with IoT Central