Have you ever wondered where project issues come from? Have you ever delivered great technology only to find that the supposed "customer" wants no part of it? Have you ever wondered what to do when asked for an estimate in the face of woefully inadequate information? Have you ever wondered why, if risk can be positive as well as negative, that you never see opportunity? These are just a few of the intriguing questions answered during this fascinating four day course. Advanced Project Management for the Experienced Practitioner deals with some of the most wide-spread, persistent, and troubling project issues that we face today. It is intended for those who understand standard project management practice and are ready to move to the next level of project performance.
This course assumes prior experience as project manager or team lead.
4 Days/Lecture & Lab
This course is of value to project managers and team leads who are looking for guidance that is not found in the standard project management curriculum. Also managers of project managers, functional managers with project responsibility and Project Management Office staff will benefit from this course.
Sources of project success and failure
- Dealing with the Human Element
- Distinguishing project and business objectives
- Importance of Business Value
- Four levels of project success
- Managing Stakeholder Expectations
- Organizational Adoption – Ensuring deliverables are used effectively
- Complete and Correct Requirements
- Winning the Estimation Game
- Controlling project change
- How to Choose Project Metrics that Make Sense
- Creating Opportunity in Your Projects
- Project Transition: Delivering the Goods